Application Deadline is January 31, 2022
All applications with necessary documents must be turned in by the January 31, 2023, deadline to be considered for the 2023 apprentice program. Applications will not be considered if necessary documents have not been received.
Applications received after the January 31, 2023, deadline will be considered for the 2024 apprentice program and will receive notification of application status in January 2024.
Walk-In Application Dates:
- 10/11/2022- Walk-In Applications Available from 8:00 am-12:00 pm & 1:00 pm- 3:30 pm
- 11/08/2022- Walk-In Applications Available from 8:00 am-12:00 pm & 1:00 pm- 3:30 pm
- 12/13/2022- Walk-In Applications Available from 8:00 am-12:00 pm & 1:00 pm- 3:30 pm
- 01/10/2023- Walk-In Applications Available from 8:00 am-12:00 pm & 1:00 pm- 3:30 pm
- 01/28/2023- Walk-In Applications Available from 7:00 am- 11: 00am
- 01/31/2023- Walk-In Applications Available from 8:00 am-12:00 pm & 1:00 pm- 3:30 pm
01/31/2023- Last Day for walk-in and online applications to be considered for the 2023 apprenticeship program.
After applying you will be notified via mail of test dates.
- Must be at least 18 years at the time of interview. Must provide copy of birth certificate.
- Must be high school graduate or have a GED. Must have at least two years high school math with a passing grade. Must provide high school transcripts or equivalent. Can provide letter from guidance counselor stating you are on track to graduate in Spring of 2023.
- Must provide copy of valid State of Illinois Driver’s license.
- Must provide copy of Social Security Card.
- Provide copy of Military Discharge Form DD-214 if applicable.
- All documents requested must be submitted to qualify to take the aptitude test.
- All applicants who score at least 70% on the aptitude test will qualify for an interview.
- Shall provide a nonrefundable $20 cash fee at the time of test session before receiving test.
Notice On Nondiscriminatory Policy
J.A.C. Plumbers & Pipefitters Local # 149 will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years old or older. J.A.C. Plumbers and Pipefitters # 149 will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 30.
Terms of Apprenticeship
- Serve as a probationary apprentice for a period of 1 year (1700-2000 hours of on-the-job training);
- Serve a 5 year apprenticeship including the probationary period (8500-10,000 hours of on-the-job training);
- Report for work on a regular basis;
- Provide for your transportation to and from the job site;
- Work in Public Sector Jobs without restrictions.
- Work under the direction of a Journey Worker on the job site and perform job duties satisfactorily;
- Attend related training classes regularly and maintain an acceptable average in those classes;
- Purchase text material for use in related training classes as required;
- Abide by all rules and regulations of the Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee.